Saturday, March 14, 2009

My New York

Photobucket

I fell in love with this little girl. The joy she received from the 60 seconds that the train went above ground was so pure and so contagious.

Photobucket

Greg and I hung out with this man for about 20 minutes this morning. He is a retired nurse. His son and daughter are now both nurses. He told us that he collects bottles because he likes to work, it keeps him busy. He also told us that he has a huge farm down south and he is going there soon. I hope this is true, seems like a good man who deserves a nice retirement. He also said he is trying to quite smoking but it is harder now than ever. I wish I had asked him his name.

Photobucket

Not only are there now white people in Harlem, we have white cowboys too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really am curious as to how this car is moved. It was stuffed to the brim.

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the things I love about Harlem, is that when you capture it in a frame it becomes timeless in some ways. This shot seems so 70's to me.

Photobucket