Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Buffalo Structures

Photobucket

Recently I had a trip back to Buffalo. While I was there I took a yoga class. From out the window of the studio there was this structure in the distance that was so amazing to me and also quite unusual. I could not stop staring at it or thinking about it during the class. After class a great family friend of ours navigated the side streets to bring me to this structure. The structure is abandoned and it was not clear what its function ever was. I just thought it was so beautiful.

Photobucket

While driving down a country road to visit a friend, we passed another structure that struck me. I didn't stop on the way there but on the way back we did a pull over. The sky was so blue and the structure was so white in comparison. My mind raced with images of what I am sure it is, a fruit stand or a vegetable stand during the peak season days. But that day, all closed up it was just like a sculpture, so still and so intriguing. Well, at least to me it was.

Photobucket

This is another shot taken from the weeds and made in infra red tones.
Enjoy