Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fire Island Ice Cream!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Fire Island is in full swing! Last weekend when I got off the ferry I saw this scene. All I could do was laugh at these adorable little kids all lined up completely immersed in their ice cream. Such a Fire Island moment.

I decided to use this image to play around with some filters. I have always been such a straight shooter, trying to capture life and then represent it just how it is and or was. Recently I have had more thoughts about this idea from having some conversations with other photographers who do like to manipulate. Its fun to play around with the tools of the digital age. The problem I have is that my mind wants to see the photograph how my mind remembers the moment. When it comes to other people's images I tend to love the manipulation, but of course my mind has nothing to compare the image to.

The top image was cross processed to create some funky colors and the bottom image was a combination of black and white filters.